One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One major drawbacks is that it doesn't include a spelling checker.’
- ‘If Microsoft Word's spelling checker's autocorrection feature is switched on, it capitalises the word for you.’
- ‘Away from spelling checkers, way out in the email chatrooms, anything goes.’
- ‘This is not only true with spelling checkers and tax programs, it's also true with industrial applications.’
- ‘Before you submit your page to the search engines, run the page through an html checker and a spelling checker.’
- ‘Bellow is a verb meaning ‘emit a loud, deep, hollow, prolonged sound such as a bull might make, or to speak or shout in a manner reminiscent of this’; that's why a spelling checker wouldn't have caught the mistake.’
- ‘I will ‘learn to spell’ when he gets a spelling checker.’
- ‘I found that version 8 always crashed if I ever used the spelling checker.’
- ‘Several people have written in to point out that Microsoft Word's spelling checker corrects ‘Grammelot’ to ‘Trammeled’, and is therefore the most probable culprit in this case.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.