One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A criminal trial held after minimal delay, as considered to be a citizen's constitutional right.
- ‘At that hearing the judge effectively stood over the application to trial and ordered a speedy trial.’
- ‘I was repeatedly coerced into waiving my right to a speedy trial because my attorney could not prepare for trial without being able to review the evidence against me.’
- ‘It seems to me that for these reasons the classic balance of convenience test favours the granting of an interim injunction, possibly with directions for a speedy trial.’
- ‘He directed a speedy trial, and the speedy trial began before me on Wednesday the 6th June 2001.’
- ‘A common example is the accused who expressly waives his right to a speedy trial.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.