One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small creeping herbaceous plant of north temperate regions, with small blue or pink flowers.
- ‘Notorious sun lovers are daylilies, sedium, and speedwell.’
- ‘How can I deal with speedwell in my lawn, preferably without using weedkillers?’
- ‘With the onset of summer there's the cow parsley, poppies, honeysuckle, wild roses, speedwell, ragged robin and foxgloves.’
- ‘Alternative landscape plants might include spiked speedwell, lilies, Siberian iris, spiked gayfeather and garden sage.’
- ‘The glossy leaves of soapwort and finely textured carpets of Turkish speedwell stay green for most of the winter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.