Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small punchbag used by boxers for practising quick punches.
- ‘Boxers in training spend a lot of time hitting the speed bag and jumping rope.’
- ‘Practice the jab on the heavy bag, focus pads, shadow boxing, double end bag and for advanced boxer's the speed bag.’
- ‘The speed bag builds killer hand-eye coordination, but it's also one of the more challenging exercises in the gym.’
- ‘Hitting a speed bag correctly takes time and practice but pays off in sharper timing and reflexes.’
- ‘She quickly glanced up to her right and spotted Josh looking at them for a moment before he went back to the speed bags.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.