One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Captain Jessie paused a moment to take a breather from his speechification.’
- ‘There's got to be a way to trim the speechifications down to pithier, more thought-provoking exchanges that don't leave the viewer stabbing himself with a drinking straw to stay awake.’
- ‘Listen to what some noted experts have had to say about that classic type of speechification, the Sunday sermon.’
- ‘I'd also suggest the text be reigned in vis-a-vis all the speechification and more of an effort be made by the actors to truly own their roles and not just play out easy stereotypes.’
- ‘I took Latin to follow my grad ceremony which only broke into the vernacular for the speechifications.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.