One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Training to help people with speech and language problems to speak more clearly.
- ‘She was offered a referral for speech therapy, which is a widely used treatment for vocal cord dysfunction.’
- ‘Behavior modification and speech therapy also are necessary.’
- ‘As healing progressed, I began speech therapy and was assured, ‘You will speak again.’’
- ‘Children with this condition often require many other services, including complex dental care and speech therapy.’
- ‘In addition, it trains paramedical workers in occupational therapy, speech therapy and physiotherapy to broaden its outreach.’
- ‘Some types of treatment are speech therapy, drugs, or electronic devices.’
- ‘Consequently, treatment of lisps is best accomplished by speech therapy.’
- ‘The facility also offers primary schooling, occupational therapy and speech therapy on both an in-patient and out-patient basis.’
- ‘Restorative dentistry, speech therapy and dietary counselling may be required for those whose mouths have been altered by the treatment.’
- ‘Other therapies that have a crucial role in managing and coping with Parkinson's disease include physiotherapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.’
- ‘They were encouraged to continue speech therapy with the help of the linguist.’
- ‘Recovery can be aided by speech therapy, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and counselling.’
- ‘The pain subsided gradually, and he received speech therapy and physiotherapy.’
- ‘I had speech therapy, it's still an effort to talk actually.’
- ‘Participants in both groups referred to rehabilitation as including physiotherapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.’
- ‘Cash will also go towards giving him all the medical care he needs such as speech therapy and hydrotherapy.’
- ‘However, after cleft palate repair, most children eventually catch up and develop normal speech, although some will require speech therapy or additional surgery.’
- ‘Some of the speech problems can be solved with speech therapy alone and some require a combination of speech therapy and surgery.’
- ‘Many people with Down's Syndrome benefit from specialised education, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech therapy and a dietician.’
- ‘I insisted on a referral for speech therapy when he was 2.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.