Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for speech therapy
- ‘Now if all this is right, and what you've found here is just how humans have evolved to be able to speak the way they do, does it tell you anything about speech pathology, about children who lisp, or anything like that?’
- ‘Megan Miller, a University of Southern Mississippi graduate student in speech pathology, said she is not surprised that her age bracket has the highest rate of infection.’
- ‘Within the field of linguistics, and in related areas such as speech pathology, the IPA is widely used and has been a great success.’
- ‘‘You can experience hearing loss and not be fully aware of it,’ says Dr. Ruth A. Bentler, University of Iowa professor of speech pathology and audiology.’
- ‘She received a Master's degree in speech pathology and audiology in 1972 from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale.’
- ‘This year she will divide her time between speech pathology and early childhood special education for a number of schools in the district.’
- ‘He said some people's perceptions of the world of speech pathology were confined to lisps and stutters.’
- ‘With academic majors ranging from psychology to speech pathology and hometowns as distant as Dallas and New York City, each member brings a unique perspective to the group.’
- ‘Then she headed off to the University of North Carolina at Greensboro to pursue an undergraduate degree in speech pathology, and it seemed life was back to normal again.’
- ‘Related services such as transportation, speech pathology, and occupational therapy are provided, of course, but one social worker is shared by many schools.’
- ‘Students who are required to take educational psychology courses represent a variety of majors, including speech pathology and deaf rehabilitation.’
- ‘Other cuts, he argues, see overworked nurses increasingly responsible for physiotherapy, speech pathology, occupational therapy and social work.’
- ‘Col. Ben Sierra, director of audiology and speech pathology, 59th Medical Wing, had to yell or use a notepad to communicate with him.’
- ‘Physical therapy, speech pathology, occupational therapy, and a social worker should be involved early in care.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.