One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘However, although it's been placed with a fair degree of speculativeness, it's a genuine advertisement and I'll be treating every reply with the respect and discretion it deserves.’
- ‘Under the common-law rule, therefore, the crucial point is not the certainty or speculativeness of the wife's interest, but rather the precise word choices made by the drafter of the trust document.’
- ‘The article and the dissertation decidedly follow such speculativeness.’
- ‘His stories enthralled her with their ‘mixture of speculativeness, fantasy and gloominess.’’
- ‘He is careful throughout to acknowledge the speculativeness of his hypotheses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.