One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Nor has normal coordinate analysis featured much in my work of the past twenty years, since I'm not some sort of theoretical spectroscopist.’
- ‘Its mysterious behavior forced spectroscopists to retune their models of stellar structure, allowing for fusion in places much closer to the stars' surface.’
- ‘Quasar spectroscopists around the world were hot on the trail and rapidly produced their own measurements.’
- ‘Almost immediately, spectroscopists were identifying chemical elements in the stars (including, in the case of helium, an element that had not yet been found on Earth).’
- ‘By looking at the light from distant stars, astronomers and spectroscopists are able to detect the line spectra associated with small molecules and compounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.