One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘By looking at the light from distant stars, astronomers and spectroscopists are able to detect the line spectra associated with small molecules and compounds.’
- ‘Quasar spectroscopists around the world were hot on the trail and rapidly produced their own measurements.’
- ‘Its mysterious behavior forced spectroscopists to retune their models of stellar structure, allowing for fusion in places much closer to the stars' surface.’
- ‘Nor has normal coordinate analysis featured much in my work of the past twenty years, since I'm not some sort of theoretical spectroscopist.’
- ‘Almost immediately, spectroscopists were identifying chemical elements in the stars (including, in the case of helium, an element that had not yet been found on Earth).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.