Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The mineral labradorite, especially when used as a gemstone.
- ‘According to believes, spectrolite brings strengths, originality, aids sleep and brings good luck.’
- ‘Metaphysical properties associated with spectrolite include providing clarity to the inner self, enhancing patience, dispelling negativity, improving cooperation and giving perseverance and strength.’
- ‘Red spectrolite is at its best in jewellery but can be also used as a very personal meditation or healing stone.’
- ‘The healing properties of spectrolite are presented below.’
- ‘That discovery started the quarrying of spectrolite in the area and is the base of a local rock industry.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.