Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The mineral labradorite, especially when used as a gemstone.
- ‘Red spectrolite is at its best in jewellery but can be also used as a very personal meditation or healing stone.’
- ‘According to believes, spectrolite brings strengths, originality, aids sleep and brings good luck.’
- ‘The healing properties of spectrolite are presented below.’
- ‘Metaphysical properties associated with spectrolite include providing clarity to the inner self, enhancing patience, dispelling negativity, improving cooperation and giving perseverance and strength.’
- ‘That discovery started the quarrying of spectrolite in the area and is the base of a local rock industry.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.