Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device similar to a spectroheliograph which produces a directly observable monochromatic image of the sun.
- ‘I tried various avenues, and decided after doing research that the spectrohelioscope was the way to go.’
- ‘The internal construction of our spectrohelioscope is shown in Fig.3 below.’
- ‘It also covers the more esoteric subjects of monochromatic observing and spectrohelioscopes.’
- ‘The picture below shows an interior view of the spectrohelioscope with the top cover removed.’
- ‘By combining a spectrograph and a solar telescope a spectrohelioscope allows us to tune to a specific wavelength without having to purchase several filters.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.