Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An apparatus for photographing or otherwise recording spectra.
- ‘An imaging spectrograph, a digital camera, and a computer analyze the amount of laser light absorbed by the apples, which indicates sweetness.’
- ‘The high-resolution spectrographs on the world's largest telescopes were able to measure wavelengths in quasar spectra more accurately than they had ever been measured in the laboratory.’
- ‘Astronomers have proven this by analyzing the light of distant objects with spectrographs.’
- ‘The imaging spectrograph is connected to a computer.’
- ‘This approach enables a single imaging spectrograph to perform the work of several independent spectrographs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.