One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An apparatus for photographing or otherwise recording spectra.
- ‘An imaging spectrograph, a digital camera, and a computer analyze the amount of laser light absorbed by the apples, which indicates sweetness.’
- ‘Astronomers have proven this by analyzing the light of distant objects with spectrographs.’
- ‘The imaging spectrograph is connected to a computer.’
- ‘The high-resolution spectrographs on the world's largest telescopes were able to measure wavelengths in quasar spectra more accurately than they had ever been measured in the laboratory.’
- ‘This approach enables a single imaging spectrograph to perform the work of several independent spectrographs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.