Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tarsier which has a tail with a long bushy tuft and a scaly base, native to Sulawesi.
- ‘The tarsiers we saw are spectral tarsiers with huge round eyes which lets them see in the night when they are hunting for insects to eat.’
- ‘The spectral tarsier, Tarsius spectrum, is the shortest primate in the world at only nine centimetres tall.’
- ‘The spectral tarsier is a nocturnal primate endemic to the Indonesian island of Sulawesi.’
- ‘In this paper, I investigate how mother and infant spectral tarsiers, Tarsius spectrum, respond to the presence of potential predators.’
- ‘He has photographed wildlife from the very large - African and Asian elephants - to the very small: kangaroo rats and spectral tarsiers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.