Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tarsier which has a tail with a long bushy tuft and a scaly base, native to Sulawesi.
- ‘The spectral tarsier is a nocturnal primate endemic to the Indonesian island of Sulawesi.’
- ‘The tarsiers we saw are spectral tarsiers with huge round eyes which lets them see in the night when they are hunting for insects to eat.’
- ‘He has photographed wildlife from the very large - African and Asian elephants - to the very small: kangaroo rats and spectral tarsiers.’
- ‘In this paper, I investigate how mother and infant spectral tarsiers, Tarsius spectrum, respond to the presence of potential predators.’
- ‘The spectral tarsier, Tarsius spectrum, is the shortest primate in the world at only nine centimetres tall.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.