One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We must question, however, the actual usefulness of such a characterization of spectatorial submission to the visual image of film.’
- ‘The dancers no longer performed for the spectatorial look but rather, engaged with the crowd in immediate exchange.’
- ‘Her overwhelmingly spectatorial role in the novel makes Maisie a protomodernist figure, whose education takes place not in the schoolroom but in a range of urban sites of entertainment and leisure.’
- ‘In all likelihood, though, the films of the Indian dancers elicited a far more complex spectatorial response than that suggested in these two contemporary accounts.’
- ‘He takes a protective but also frankly spectatorial interest in the lives of his tenants, following their dramas with the fascination of a soap opera addict.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.