One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We must question, however, the actual usefulness of such a characterization of spectatorial submission to the visual image of film.’
- ‘He takes a protective but also frankly spectatorial interest in the lives of his tenants, following their dramas with the fascination of a soap opera addict.’
- ‘Her overwhelmingly spectatorial role in the novel makes Maisie a protomodernist figure, whose education takes place not in the schoolroom but in a range of urban sites of entertainment and leisure.’
- ‘In all likelihood, though, the films of the Indian dancers elicited a far more complex spectatorial response than that suggested in these two contemporary accounts.’
- ‘The dancers no longer performed for the spectatorial look but rather, engaged with the crowd in immediate exchange.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.