Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A sport that many people find entertaining to watch.
- ‘He continues to manage the National Football League spectacularly, expanding globally and continuing to develop the top spectator sport in America.’
- ‘By the end of the decade, stock-car racing had passed baseball and basketball as an American spectator sport.’
- ‘The hope is the tournament will again make bridge a spectator sport, and the games are to be shown live on the internet.’
- ‘In addition to its popularity as a spectator sport, soccer is played by most Italians.’
- ‘Football is both a spectator sport and a participation sport.’
- ‘Bullfights, a traditional spectator sport, came to the forefront.’
- ‘It is a spectator sport and is also played in the streets and open fields.’
- ‘And skating is a great spectator sport, which draws in crowds.’
- ‘Clearly this is the spectator sport in the United States.’
- ‘Curling is probably the greatest spectator sport in the world!’
- ‘Soccer, which is played at every school, is also the biggest spectator sport.’
- ‘When he is not involved with his school, there is a little time for tennis and swimming, but for football, it is only a spectator sport.’
- ‘‘Horse riding is a splendid spectator sport,’ Chang said.’
- ‘Cycling was popular as a spectator sport in France, as football was in England.’
- ‘It worked once, but by the 10th time, you wished that tennis had never evolved as a spectator sport.’
- ‘As a spectator sport it beats all-in wrestling hands down!’
- ‘In almost every country around the world, some code of football is the major spectator sport.’
- ‘There are soccer and basketball teams, and camel racing is a popular spectator sport.’
- ‘Mixed martial arts is the fastest-growing spectator sport in North America, and even though it's only in its infancy in Alberta, the local promoters are seeing tremendous increases in interest.’
- ‘The phenomenon has single-handedly turned golf into an international spectator sport.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.