One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small South American caiman with a bony ridge between the eyes which gives the appearance of spectacles.
- ‘The spectacled caiman, which originates from South and Central America, has a boney ridge around its eyes which makes it look as if it is wearing glasses.’
- ‘But the nests we found along the stream banks were those of a smaller species, the spectacled caiman.’
- ‘Even a fearsome spectacled caiman is unable to escape an anaconda's fatal embrace.’
- ‘As these species became scarce, hunters turned their attention to the black caiman and the broad-snouted caiman, then to the spectacled caiman.’
- ‘On the few patches of dry ground, tropical rattlesnakes lie low, and in shallow pools, spectacled caiman doze just beneath the surface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.