One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A South American bear with a black or dark brown coat and white markings around the eyes.
Tremarctos ornatus, family Ursidae
- ‘She compared her findings with the cognition of the spectacled bear, and found that while both use spatial memory to find food, the spectacled bears used visual cues that the pandas did not pick up on.’
- ‘Rhinos, giraffes, spectacled bears, baboons, monkeys, cheetahs and lions have large enclosures in which to roam around, while other creatures, such as ring-tailed lemurs, run wild.’
- ‘Its closest relative is the spectacled bear of South America.’
- ‘Since the early 1990s, researchers have been applying the technique to spectacled bears, cougars, foxes, pine martens, chimpanzees, gorillas, and many other species.’
- ‘Its only living relative is the spectacled bear of South America.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.