One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He offers a speciously complicated analysis.’
- ‘His presentation was very polished and, I would imagine, speciously appealing to many not familiar with the facts.’
- ‘The play speciously associates giving all with ultimate return.’
- ‘The government speciously said it withheld to protect the privacy of the advice given by the.’
- ‘The Sherpa-roadies were ecstatic and told jokes throughout the evening, while each of us nodded speciously, not really listening.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.