One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Sherpa-roadies were ecstatic and told jokes throughout the evening, while each of us nodded speciously, not really listening.’
- ‘His presentation was very polished and, I would imagine, speciously appealing to many not familiar with the facts.’
- ‘The government speciously said it withheld to protect the privacy of the advice given by the.’
- ‘He offers a speciously complicated analysis.’
- ‘The play speciously associates giving all with ultimate return.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.