One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The formation of new and distinct species in the course of evolution.
- ‘The creation of a new species is known as speciation.’
- ‘We are the product of a process of speciation, competition, and ecological change.’
- ‘Many of us think of evolution as speciation, but populations of insects evolved resistance without budding into new species.’
- ‘There are hundreds of cases of evolutionary change observed in progress and dozens of observed speciations.’
- ‘If final speciation was not done on site, participants were asked to identify their reference laboratory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.