(in the Roman Catholic Church) a special aim or purpose for which a mass is celebrated or prayers are said.
- ‘Many of the pilgrims who travel there today pray for a special intention.’
- ‘The prayer group meets every Monday at 3pm in St. Brigid's Chrch to pray for the sick and special intentions.’
- ‘For the month of May there is special intentions for all those studying for examinations.’
- ‘Each day they pray for a special intention.’
- ‘The special intention is for all who are doing exams in the coming month.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.