One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the Roman Catholic Church) a special aim or purpose for which a mass is celebrated or prayers are said.
- ‘Many of the pilgrims who travel there today pray for a special intention.’
- ‘Each day they pray for a special intention.’
- ‘The prayer group meets every Monday at 3pm in St. Brigid's Chrch to pray for the sick and special intentions.’
- ‘The special intention is for all who are doing exams in the coming month.’
- ‘For the month of May there is special intentions for all those studying for examinations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.