One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or occupying space.‘the spatial distribution of population’
- ‘Her work requires vast material accumulations that are vividly tactile and spatial.’
- ‘Eventually they realised this was caused by limited physical spatial hand activity.’
- ‘The spatial qualities of sound can be exploited heavily to define an environment.’
- ‘Also, left-handed men and women are likely to have less well developed spacial awareness, suggesting that they may be more prone to accidents such as car crashes.’
- ‘The entire urban economy becomes distorted, as does the spatial structure of cities.’
Mid 19th century: from Latin spatium ‘space’ + -al.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.