Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Completely unconscious.‘I think he would knock Bowe spark out’
- ‘Two years ago, big Manny Siaca, now a light-heavyweight, was ahead on points against Mitchell before the champion knocked him spark out in the last round.’
- ‘I didn't just stop him last time: I knocked him spark out.’
- ‘One of Ali's greatest admirers is the man who once came very close to being knocked spark out on live television by the selfsame Ali.’
- ‘His wife found him on the settee spark out with his phone still in his hand, so being the loving wife she went to put it on charge for him.’
- ‘I turn my back to him to check the mixing desk and when I turn round he's spark out, cigarette hanging from his bottom lip and guitar still slung across his body.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.