One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a restricted or infrequent manner; in small quantities.‘the sharply flavoured leaves should be used sparingly’
- ‘Often, faculty members are too busy to learn how to use the instruments or they use them sparingly.’
- ‘Eat the following sparingly: chips, cakes, crisps, burgers, sweets, pies, and pasties.’
- ‘Levin writes sparingly—one book in five years.’
- ‘It's full of wry, witty observations, with poignant bits thrown in sparingly.’
- ‘These tests were done sparingly and generally reflected the outpatient treatment practice at our center.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.