Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A duplicate part to replace a lost or damaged part of a machine.
- ‘The contraption, which is made up of the spare parts of different vehicles, costs only Rs 15,000.’
- ‘The crew has patched the system, but their replacements are bringing spare parts along to attempt a full repair.’
- ‘Are advance replacement parts supplied overnight sufficient or do you need on-site spare parts?’
- ‘Recently a controversy erupted when ZRA officials demanded duty on agriculture machinery spare parts which were imported into the country.’
- ‘The agricultural machinery and spare parts business occupies a number of properties in the centre of the town.’
- ‘So while we're away they'll rummage through the contents of our spare parts bins and steal the new stuff to upgrade their machines.’
- ‘Indeed, Volkswagen built one of the first auto Web sites to offer owners an online community in which they could swap opinions and spare parts.’
- ‘They also have a well-stocked service trailer that contains spare parts, hoses and hose repair gear, a cutting torch, a welder and a chain sharpener.’
- ‘The young girl, nearly sixteen, fumbled with a device that looked to be pieced together by spare parts from various technical devices.’
- ‘Lopecan's gross margin for machinery is 31% and for spare parts is 45%.’
- ‘Rajkumar Jeswani, a spare parts salesman from Ahmedabad, worked overtime to put together enough money to feed his family while he was away and for his ticket back.’
- ‘They loaded the drawings for George in a backpack, built improvised bicycles from spare parts and fled over the French border into Spain.’
- ‘We're looking at an average age of aircraft rising over the past decade to the point where we now have to spend a great deal more on spare parts and repairs and downtime.’
- ‘Heating and air conditioning units are old requiring increasing expensive maintenance as spare parts are now difficult to obtain and need to be specifically manufactured.’
- ‘He said that the company was manufacturing its own spare parts and other accessories for the machinery.’
- ‘All that remained in these warehouses were spare parts.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.