One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A yucca with long stiff sword-shaped leaves and tall, slender spikes of white flowers, found from the southern US to the Caribbean.
- ‘The Spanish bayonet and fountain grass are about 2 to 3 years old.’
- ‘Do not plant Spanish bayonet near walkways, patios or in areas frequented by children and pets.’
- ‘The Spanish bayonet has leaves that are rigid with leaf margins that are sharply serrated.’
- ‘My picture of the Spanish bayonet flower, with its embedded yucca moths, was unsatisfactory.’
- ‘Our camp was on the eastern slope of a ridge thickly overgrown with high grass and Spanish bayonets.’
- ‘The Spanish bayonet tends to topple over and re-root itself, where the Spanish Dagger is stationary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.