One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of stretchy polyurethane fabric.as modifier ‘gold spandex leggings’
- ‘They all wore the same ridiculous costumes; black spandex with red body armour and helmets with face concealing black plexiglass.’
- ‘I wore pink spandex with bright blue flowers and yellow t-shirts.’
- ‘The Lycra spandex stretch denim business is good, he adds, and is expected to become a core offering in the United States.’
- ‘The TotalGym really works, it's fun, and you don't have to suffer the disapproving stares of the scary spandex people at the gym.’
- ‘My friends are the ones who wear clown-colored spandex.’
1950s: an arbitrary formation from expand.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.