One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of software that processes incoming emails so as to prevent spam from reaching a user's inbox.‘my spam filter caught your email’
- ‘Even the best spam filters allow junk through and intercept some legitimate mail.’
- ‘Firms may also have a spam filter on its e-mail servers to manage questionable items, such as newsletters, which may or may not be requested by employees.’
- ‘You can install anti-virus software, or spam filters, or anything else you can think of.’
- ‘Our spam filter had been compromised.’
- ‘More than once, I had to purge my spam filter and reboot in order to send and receive e-mails.’
- ‘A study by a market research firm found more than one-third of e-mail users surveyed said desired e-mail was getting blocked by spam filters.’
- ‘Over-aggressive spam filters often mean that legitimate emails do not make it through, which has a detrimental effect on business.’
- ‘They tightened their spam filter.’
- ‘Tougher laws and improved spam filters can help cut down on spam reaching your inbox, but it's likely to keep coming as long as there are suckers willing to respond.’
- ‘If you have good spam filters you may not have seen the growing wave of spam that promises thousands of dollars for doing nothing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.