One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of software that processes incoming emails so as to prevent spam from reaching a user's inbox.‘my spam filter caught your email’
- ‘A study by a market research firm found more than one-third of e-mail users surveyed said desired e-mail was getting blocked by spam filters.’
- ‘If you have good spam filters you may not have seen the growing wave of spam that promises thousands of dollars for doing nothing.’
- ‘Our spam filter had been compromised.’
- ‘Even the best spam filters allow junk through and intercept some legitimate mail.’
- ‘More than once, I had to purge my spam filter and reboot in order to send and receive e-mails.’
- ‘You can install anti-virus software, or spam filters, or anything else you can think of.’
- ‘Over-aggressive spam filters often mean that legitimate emails do not make it through, which has a detrimental effect on business.’
- ‘Tougher laws and improved spam filters can help cut down on spam reaching your inbox, but it's likely to keep coming as long as there are suckers willing to respond.’
- ‘They tightened their spam filter.’
- ‘Firms may also have a spam filter on its e-mail servers to manage questionable items, such as newsletters, which may or may not be requested by employees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.