One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pasta in the form of strings of thin spaghetti.
- ‘One of my favourite meals is spaghettini with tomato sauce, Parmesan and red wine.’
- ‘My friend and I tried the spaghettini with roasted garlic, parsley, pine nuts, chilies and olive oil.’
- ‘The main course was spaghettini, not the easiest dish to eat without making a mess.’
- ‘I pour myself another glass of wine, light a cigarette and think about whether to use spaghettini or fusilli with the bottle of pesto in the fridge.’
- ‘Those salty grilled shrimp marred an otherwise respectable dish of spaghettini alla Greco with a lively tomato sauce.’
Italian, diminutive of spaghetti ‘little strings’ (see spaghetti).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.