One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pasta in the form of strings of thin spaghetti.
- ‘The main course was spaghettini, not the easiest dish to eat without making a mess.’
- ‘My friend and I tried the spaghettini with roasted garlic, parsley, pine nuts, chilies and olive oil.’
- ‘Those salty grilled shrimp marred an otherwise respectable dish of spaghettini alla Greco with a lively tomato sauce.’
- ‘One of my favourite meals is spaghettini with tomato sauce, Parmesan and red wine.’
- ‘I pour myself another glass of wine, light a cigarette and think about whether to use spaghettini or fusilli with the bottle of pesto in the fridge.’
Italian, diminutive of spaghetti ‘little strings’ (see spaghetti).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.