One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pasta in the form of strings of thin spaghetti.
- ‘I pour myself another glass of wine, light a cigarette and think about whether to use spaghettini or fusilli with the bottle of pesto in the fridge.’
- ‘My friend and I tried the spaghettini with roasted garlic, parsley, pine nuts, chilies and olive oil.’
- ‘Those salty grilled shrimp marred an otherwise respectable dish of spaghettini alla Greco with a lively tomato sauce.’
- ‘The main course was spaghettini, not the easiest dish to eat without making a mess.’
- ‘One of my favourite meals is spaghettini with tomato sauce, Parmesan and red wine.’
Italian, diminutive of spaghetti ‘little strings’ (see spaghetti).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.