One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘From inside Columbus, Nancy Currie will operate the robotic arm on the end of which, poised on a foot platform, one of the spacewalkers will work most of the time.’
- ‘During their three spacewalks they completed the installation of the laboratory, deployed communications equipment, installed a docking port and practiced techniques for rescuing an incapacitated spacewalker.’
- ‘Once the material is in place the spacewalker will then use a simple brush to shape it to the desired fit.’
- ‘American experts believe that water vapor jetting from a cooling unit in the backpack of spacewalkers is strong enough to turn the entire two-hundred-ton space station out of alignment.’
- ‘As the spacewalkers returned to the airlock, those aboard the shuttle used Discovery's robotic arm to inspect a thermal blanket below the commander's window that was ripped during launch, most likely by debris.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.