One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Where a tree is fastened to a post, a squashy pad or spacer should be inserted between the stem and the post, so that the two do not rub together.’
- ‘The infertile eggs are thought to act as spacers between the fertile eggs, making it easier for the babies to crawl out when they hatch.’
- ‘So, I dutifully removed the lower springs and spacers, remounted the waterblock and was rewarded with a much lower idle temperature.’
- ‘To further enhance the energy saving qualities of the windows, non-metallic spacers are used between the glazings.’
- ‘Some kits come with lots of spacers and washers, others don't.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.