One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A regular, indefinitely repeated array of points in three dimensions in which the points lie at the intersections of three sets of parallel equidistant planes.
- ‘A regular space lattice is a particularly simple type of network.’
- ‘The N particles are randomly placed on the phase space lattice with no more than one particle on a lattice site.’
- ‘He also perceived that the 14 space lattices consisted of 7 different lattice symmetries, which correspond to 7 crystal systems.’
- ‘For 3-dimensional space lattices we need 3 or in some cases 4 crystallographic axes that define directions within the crystal lattices.’
- ‘Bravais space lattices represent the 14 basic lattice types from which according to Bravais, practically all natural crystals originate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.