One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A collection of particles with a net electric charge occupying a region, either in free space or in a device.
- ‘The purpose of this course is to provide a comprehensive introduction to the physics of beams with intense space charge.’
- ‘The charge carriers would ordinary tend to diffuse away faster then the ions, thus creating a space charge.’
- ‘Compare the space charge in wire chambers with the space charge region in a semiconductor detector, which is, in fact, the active region.’
- ‘The physics of charged particle beams in which space charge plays an important role, such as electron beams for ion cooling, differs fundamentally from that of the more conventional emittance-dominated beams of circular machines.’
- ‘If it can be understood exactly how the surface and space charges are formed, and what influence they have on the insulation performance, significant design improvements might be possible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.