One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bean of the soya plant; a soya bean.
- ‘Most corn and soybeans are fed to animals, so consumers likely eat meat and poultry from animals raised on GE feed.’
- ‘Those allergic to soybeans must avoid eating foods containing its proteins.’
- ‘In addition, they reported that nonGM wheat is replacing GM corn and soybeans in their food products.’
- ‘Dr. Daniel makes a big mistake by thinking of soybeans, soy protein, and finished food products like tofu and soymilk as being one and the same.’
- ‘My question is, why use so many resources to grow soybeans to feed animals to feed people, when we could simply be eating these mild, nutty, nutritious beans directly?’
- ‘GE corn and soybeans are fed to animals, so it's in our beef, our pork, our chicken and our milk.’
- ‘Higher protein soybeans will produce higher protein meal, which would be desirable for feed.’
- ‘Nielsen and Ritchie are focusing first on improving the oil and protein content of soybeans.’
- ‘Soy-based formulas contain the proteins found in soybeans rather than those found in cow's milk.’
- ‘Common genetically altered foods are soybean, corn, canola and dairy products.’
- ‘This technology can benefit the Ohio soybean industry by increasing the use of soybeans as a food product.’
- ‘Protein extracts of soybean and soymilk contain several different estrogen-like substances called isoflavones.’
- ‘A new food product using soybeans is now being sold in Manitoba.’
- ‘Small amounts of plant sterols (they're also called phytosterols) occur naturally in pine trees and foods like soybeans, nuts, grains, and oils.’
- ‘Despite the growing organic food business and protests of anti-G.M. food groups, Americans already eat lots of genetically modified food, mostly soybeans and corn.’
- ‘From this domesticated version, the Chinese created the soya bean, which they used as a source of bean sprouts, milk, sauces, flour and cooking oil.’
- ‘For meals between breakfast, lunch and dinner, she creates her own trail mix with dried fruit, roasted soybeans and a high-fiber cereal.’
- ‘The pesticides under question are found in a variety of foods ranging from sugar to soybeans.’
- ‘The big processors, he notes, use soybean to boost the protein content of baked goods, breakfast cereals, weaning foods, and dairy products.’
- ‘The best sources of isoflavones are roasted soy nuts, soy flour, soy grits, textured soy protein, cooked soybeans, soymilk, tempeh and tofu.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.