Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A Eurasian plant with yellow flowers, thistle-like leaves, and milky sap.Also called milk thistle
- ‘In South Dakota, perennial sowthistle is concentrated in the northeast and eastern areas of the state.’
- ‘Also, the leaf margins of spiny sowthistle are much more spiny or prickly than those of annual sowthistle.’
- ‘Perennial sowthistle is common in cultivated areas, ditch banks, meadows, and neglected areas.’
- ‘Many people mistakenly group the annual and perennial sowthistles into two species rather than four.’
- ‘No insect biocontrol agents are presently available for perennial sowthistle in Washington.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.