One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bushy artemisia of southern Europe.Also called lad's love
- ‘The heat brings out the scents; not just the crambe, but the dry undertang of artemisias and southernwood, and the bold, voluptuous wafts from lilies, roses and nicotiana.’
- ‘Southernwood rarely persists after cultivation and is not an important member of plant communities in the United States.’
- ‘For example, southernwood or wormwood planted around the border of the garden may discourage aphids from entering.’
- ‘Southernwood grows in a dryish soil and in full sun.’
- ‘Many herbs can help to deter flies, such as lavender, sweet woodruff, lemon verbena, star anise, tansy, any of the mints, rosemary, bay, chamomile, rue, elder, southernwood and basil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.