One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A whisky-based alcoholic drink of US origin.
- ‘She grabbed a couple of beers from the fridge and a half empty bottle of Southern Comfort from the hollow interior of a globe drinks cabinet, then started up the stairs.’
- ‘There's a bottle of Southern Comfort and one of vodka.’
- ‘His drinks of choice are Pernod, Tequila, Southern Comfort, Jim Beam and any Scotch whisky that costs more than Chivas Regal.’
- ‘The three of them had been knocking it back and drank all the Jack Daniel's and Southern Comfort in the pub.’
- ‘Each day he drank a little more Southern Comfort.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.