One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A whisky-based alcoholic drink of US origin.
- ‘She grabbed a couple of beers from the fridge and a half empty bottle of Southern Comfort from the hollow interior of a globe drinks cabinet, then started up the stairs.’
- ‘Each day he drank a little more Southern Comfort.’
- ‘There's a bottle of Southern Comfort and one of vodka.’
- ‘His drinks of choice are Pernod, Tequila, Southern Comfort, Jim Beam and any Scotch whisky that costs more than Chivas Regal.’
- ‘The three of them had been knocking it back and drank all the Jack Daniel's and Southern Comfort in the pub.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.