One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the US state of South Dakota or its inhabitants.‘South Dakotan news’
- ‘Women were not welcome in nineteenth-century South Dakotan bars.’
- ‘Nixon won the election in a landslide, carrying forty-nine states; South Dakotan McGovern carried only Massachusetts.’
- ‘This year's event will also have over $10,000 in prize money awarded to top male and female finishers for overall, masters, age groups, top Native American finisher, top South Dakotan finisher, and top relay teams.’
- ‘Her mysteries are irredeemably small town and South Dakotan.’
- ‘Each slogan won cheers from a largely conservative crowd of South Dakotan students.’
A native or inhabitant of the US state of South Dakota.‘a better future with more opportunities for every South Dakotan’
- ‘She is a typically reticent South Dakotan and an enormous influence on my life.’
- ‘As a native South Dakotan, I follow that state's politics fairly closely.’
- ‘With about 750,000 residents, what are the odds of bumping into a native South Dakotan outside its borders?’
- ‘The senator is a no-frills, no-fanfare Democrat and a fourth-generation South Dakotan.’
- ‘He is the great-grandson of a South Dakotan who homesteaded near Centerville.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.