One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Between south and south-south-east (or south-south-west).
- ‘From Parkerville the course of the river is south by east, receiving on its way the waters of Haun Creek and Crooked Creek, which enter it from the south and about a mile apart.’
- ‘The original Malvern house, dating from the seventeenth century, was situated one mile south by east from the Crew house.’
- ‘The village is small, and stands about 6 miles east of Driffield, 2 ½ miles south by east of Lowthorpe station.’
- ‘The Gamka or Leuwe River runs through the Swarte Bergen south by east at the Camdous Berg where the Oliphants River flows through the Rode Berg and into the Gourits or Canna River.’
- ‘It therefore very soon starts to bend slightly eastwards running south, south by east, south east by east then south east.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.