One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American tree of the heather family, which has acid-tasting leaves.Also called sorrel tree
- ‘Eighty new trees will be planted, Kousa dogwood, Eastern redbud, downy serviceberry, sourwood, Yoshino cherry, and tulip poplar among them.’
- ‘I had gone to Hoyt to see a sourwood tree, which I was told I would find on the Wildwood Trail.’
- ‘Black gum (Nyssa sylvatica Marshall.), red maple, and sourwood (Oxydendrum arboreum (L.) DC.) occupied the subcanopy, and mountain laurel dominated the understory.’
- ‘Associated species were pignut and mockernut, hickories, black gum, red maple, sassafras, sourwood, and white ash.’
- ‘Sugar maples, red maples, dogwood, sweet gum, black gum and sourwood can be brilliant red or yellow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.