Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The analysis and study of the sources used by biblical authors.
- ‘I learned about Pentateuchal source criticism, and the ‘synoptic problem.’’
- ‘Since the nineteenth century, biblical criticism has been dominated by source criticism, and the Book of Leviticus is no exception.’
- ‘It would be helpful, perhaps in a future article, to look at issues such as textual and source criticism from a traditional perspective.’
- ‘In principle, I don't deny Pentateuchal source criticism, or the value of it.’
- ‘Using the techniques of source criticism and form criticism, historical-critical scholarship analyzed biblical pericopes and looked through them to reconstruct the history of the traditions that lay behind the canonical documents.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.