Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A text listing of commands to be compiled or assembled into an executable computer program.
- ‘This implies that the source code of these programs is to be made publicly available.’
- ‘The intruder found some of their proprietary source code, but did not download any of it, the company claims.’
- ‘It lives up to its name by making both source code and file formats completely open.’
- ‘If you bought a mainframe, it came with an operating system complete with source code.’
- ‘The fact that source code is available may be thought of as a security risk for the company.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.