One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These smooth, almost soundless vehicles provide access in the inner city as well as the upmarket inner suburbs to the west of city centre.’
- ‘Its environs consisted of silent plains and soundless forests.’
- ‘A man hovers in a dim corner of the room, soundless, watchful.’
- ‘Each note, barely rising up at the lower limits of hearing, is a tickle on the surface of the soundless calm that overlays the track.’
- ‘The tier was deathly silent like the soundless tomb of a graveyard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.