One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The difference between the instantaneous pressure at a point in the presence of a sound wave and the static pressure of the medium.
- ‘In positive contribution areas, interior sound pressure increases as vibration amplitude increases.’
- ‘Stereocilia are essential components for the normal hearing process since they convert mechanical energy of sound pressure into electrical signals, which sensory hair cells then direct to the brain.’
- ‘Those vibrations correspond to the sound pressure on the diaphragm and create the audio signal which is recorded.’
- ‘At the site of the eruption the bang surely would have been deadly on its own, purely from sound pressure, like the shock wave of an atomic bomb.’
- ‘Together these form parabolic troughs leading to the ears that can increase sound pressure tenfold.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.