One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The difference between the instantaneous pressure at a point in the presence of a sound wave and the static pressure of the medium.
- ‘At the site of the eruption the bang surely would have been deadly on its own, purely from sound pressure, like the shock wave of an atomic bomb.’
- ‘Together these form parabolic troughs leading to the ears that can increase sound pressure tenfold.’
- ‘Those vibrations correspond to the sound pressure on the diaphragm and create the audio signal which is recorded.’
- ‘Stereocilia are essential components for the normal hearing process since they convert mechanical energy of sound pressure into electrical signals, which sensory hair cells then direct to the brain.’
- ‘In positive contribution areas, interior sound pressure increases as vibration amplitude increases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.