One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device designed to mask or block out undesirable sounds by generating white noise or some other continuous, unobtrusive sound.
- ‘This white noise machine and sound conditioner creates a consistent, smooth sound of rushing air.’
- ‘This portable sound conditioner fits easily into an overnight bag or suitcase and includes a nylon travel pouch.’
- ‘These sound conditioners are recommended for restless sleepers, shift workers, infants, children, students, apartment dwellers, office workers (for confidentiality) and many others.’
- ‘It is still the most economical, most popular sound conditioner on the market.’
- ‘Some sound conditioners produce sounds of nature such as surf, lakeshore, and country evening.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.