Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device designed to mask or block out undesirable sounds by generating white noise or some other continuous, unobtrusive sound.
- ‘It is still the most economical, most popular sound conditioner on the market.’
- ‘Some sound conditioners produce sounds of nature such as surf, lakeshore, and country evening.’
- ‘This white noise machine and sound conditioner creates a consistent, smooth sound of rushing air.’
- ‘This portable sound conditioner fits easily into an overnight bag or suitcase and includes a nylon travel pouch.’
- ‘These sound conditioners are recommended for restless sleepers, shift workers, infants, children, students, apartment dwellers, office workers (for confidentiality) and many others.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.