Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small tuft of facial hair directly below a man's lower lip.‘the 23-year-old has an earring in his left lobe, a soul patch, and a cool demeanour’
- ‘The night guy, the one with the soul patch, is courteous and polite, and you're out of the store in mere moments.’
- ‘He was wearing a collarless shirt, beaded necklace, sandals and the familiar soul patch under his bottom lip.’
- ‘To be sure Collins seemed to possess a unique look with a soul patch of sorts and his slightly pronounced cheekbones.’
- ‘How much you wanna bet that the same guy's got a ball cap on sideways, wearing big jeans, a few gold chains, and has a soul patch?’
- ‘Incidentally, while you're getting rid of the soul patch you might also want to trim those eyebrows.’
- ‘Find out all of the latest trends in moustaches, beards, goatees, sideburns and soul patches.’
- ‘I asked the clerk, who had a soul patch and a ring through his lip; he said it was Moby's "Play."’
- ‘He wears his hair shorn to stubble and a soul patch under his lower lip.’
- ‘He started counting beards on passing gents - as well as stubble, soul patches, sideburns and other variants.’
- ‘You would expect that the person she would have let herself open for would be a gorgeous coffee shop going sort of guy, complete with soul patch, brooding eyes, and artsy clothing, and a passion for saving animals or the environment.’
- ‘The central thesis of the show is that Zappa wasn't a rock'n'roll weirdo with an iconic mustache and soul patch who wrote funny songs, but an honest-to-goodness composer.’
- ‘We can't help but notice that one of you is rocking a 'soul patch'.’
- ‘"I know I haven't given my side of things," said Singh, the new soul patch under his lower lip giving him the thoughtful bearing of a jazz musician.’
- ‘But sadly, no beard, no moustache, not so much as a soul patch just barely a hint of peach fuzz that would suggest I needed to stand closer to my razor.’
- ‘With his flowing mane and soul patch, his requisite unorthodox childhood and his uncanny feel for the ice, he seemed destined for stardom long before Salt Lake City.’
- ‘His hair is close-cropped, and he has a "soul patch", a smidgen of beard beneath his lower lip.’
- ‘He has the sparse hairs of a soul patch below his lip and a tiny bush of a beard on his chin.’
- ‘He grew a soul patch beneath his lower lip, donned a dark wig, and even, it seems, changed his bone structure to make his fleshy jawline more angular.’
- ‘That's everything from dreadlocks and Mohawks to soul patches and sideburns in every color.’
- ‘You can also find shaved heads, body piercings, tattoos, soul patches, spandex, and Goth makeup.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.