One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The doctrine of salvation.
- ‘He posits that while God's offer of salvation and the human response to it are the heart of Christian soteriology, God has actually given an historical assurance of salvation through the ministry of the apostolic church.’
- ‘Much twentieth-century theology was driven by a re-evaluation of soteriology: the question of how the salvation produced or initiated by Christ is to be understood.’
- ‘It's one thing to assert that eschatology is prior to soteriology in logical terms; it's another to assert its priority in terms of importance.’
- ‘Bays does a masterful job of suggesting activities that begin to give glimpses of insight into soteriology without preaching that penal substitution is the only valid way of understanding salvation.’
- ‘The image of the unredeemed sinner kept from falling into hell only by the hand of God was a perfect summary of Calvinist soteriology.’
Mid 19th century: from Greek sōtēria ‘salvation’ + -logy.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.