One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Aboriginal English) Aboriginal rituals observed during a period of mourning.‘today, after three weeks of sorry business, the mourning for his little brother will come to an end’
- ‘When a traditional Aboriginal person dies, sorry business may go on for a couple of weeks.’
- ‘This community lost two members in a shooting, and felt that 'sorry business' had not been respected.’
- ‘There are particular magistrates who will not see the priority of sorry business.’
- ‘Sorry business is a concept which pervades a lot of Aboriginal communities, and a funeral ceremony is something that everyone attends.’
- ‘He says "sorry business" leave is sometimes granted but the privilege "is never abused".’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.