One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express a lack of regret or repentance.‘I'm not a fan of the song, sorry not sorry’
- ‘I have an entire album devoted to my cat (sorry I'm not sorry).’
- ‘Sorry not sorry but your customer service sucks.’
- ‘I'm not too sure about the variety of sodas, and I don't care to know either—sorry not sorry!’
- ‘While many of the tracks end up sounding the same (sorry not sorry) it's the stories that blow me away.’
- ‘If she won't be on the show anymore, I'm so gonna quit watching the show. Sorry not sorry.’
- ‘We've compared her to Mariah Carey before and sorry I'm not sorry if you disagree, because we're sticking to that diagnosis.’
- ‘When the timer goes off, it's over, dude (sorry not sorry).’
- ‘If my work is misinterpreted because it's not a sappy tearjerker, sorry I'm not sorry.’
- ‘Sorry not sorry for the spoiler.’
- ‘When he earnestly expresses his gratitude at an awards show, and basically says "Sorry not sorry for being part of the problem" it just looks tone deaf.’
- ‘Sorry not sorry to keep harping on it, but aside from the wrestling, it's the only memorable part of his performance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.