One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He sorrowfully mumbled his last lines with his head trapped in the curtains.’
- ‘‘That's the longest you'll been gone,’ she added sorrowfully.’
- ‘But, as Irwine would doubtless point out, sorrowfully but firmly, the security of England's institutions is more important than the fate of a light-headed milkmaid.’
- ‘However, upon arriving on campus, I sorrowfully discovered that this club was hibernating.’
- ‘Finally, he experienced a sort of seizure, and I watched sorrowfully as his wife wheeled him away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.