One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Absorption and adsorption considered as a single process.
- ‘Since both are nonlinear interrelated buffering systems, soil stability with regard to sorption and mobilization processes is liable to unpredictable, chaotic changes.’
- ‘Other solutes interact with aquifer solids through physicochemical processes known as sorption.’
- ‘These processes are known as sorption and desorption, and their effect on the concentration distribution in gas phase is the second term in Equation 1.’
- ‘Amino acid compositional patterns also indicated preferential sorption of basic amino acids, with positively charged nitrogen side chains, to the negatively charged aluminosilicate clay minerals.’
- ‘Sorption of lipophilic compounds to cuticular waxes was up to one order of magnitude lower than sorption to cuticular membranes while sorption of the hydrophilic compounds was not measurable.’
Early 20th century: back-formation from absorption and adsorbable.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.